The Obama administration is an out-of-control, ineffective thugocracy, according to Michael Barone, political analyst for the Washington Examiner. Thomas Sowell, whose book, Conflict of Visions, Gov. Palin referenced in Going Rogue described how the United States is slipping into tyranny.
Obama's Leadership Philosophy: Ineffective Thuggery
In "Obama's thuggery is useless in fighting spill," Barone cited Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar's infamous "boot on the neck" quote and Obama's "so I know whose a-- to kick," as two examples of ineffective thuggery, while BP's gusher gushes unabated 65 days later and state and local governments do the heavy lifting to keep their beaches safe.
The now-reversed moratorium on off-shore drilling is an example of ineffective thuggery at work, for as Barone wrote, "[this] penalizes companies with better safety records than BP's and will result in many advanced drilling rigs being sent to offshore oil fields abroad."
Judge Feldman, who wrote the ruling reversing the moratorium was even harsher. "An invalid agency decision to suspend drilling of wells in depths of over 500 feet simply cannot justify the immeasurable effect on the plaintiffs, the local economy, the Gulf region, and the critical present-day aspect of the availability of domestic energy in this country," as quoted by an Associated Press report.
Gutting the Constitution and the Road to Tyranny
Sowell, of Investor's Business Daily wrote about an even more insidious form of thuggery, that went virtually unnoticed.
- Just where in the Constitution of the United States does it say that a president has the authority to extract vast sums of money from a private enterprise and distribute it as he sees fit to whomever he deems worthy of compensation? Nowhere.
- And yet that is precisely what is happening with a $20 billion fund to be provided by BP to compensate people harmed by their oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
The $20 billion fund was arrived at absent due process of the law, Sowell argues, which is a dangerous precedent that will lead to the imposition of tyranny ostensibly "for the good of the people." In his article, Sowell describes how arbitrary power grabs and over-stepping constitutional bounds was the underpinning of the Nazi regime.
A Conflict of Visions
- People who adhere to the unconstrained vision (the label applied to them is "liberal" or "left-wing") believe that human nature is changeable (therefore perfectible) and that society's problems can all be solved if only the poor, ignorant, disorganized public is told what to do and rational plans are enacted. And who better to make those plans than an elite bureaucracy pulling the strings and organizing society according to their master blueprint?
Gov Palin continued,
- Conservatives believe in the "constrained" political vision because we know that human nature is flawed and that there are limitations to what can be done in Washington to "fix" society's problems....we do not ignore history's lessons and waste time chasing utopian pipe dreams.
Gov. Palin wrote on p. 386 of Going Rogue,
- We don't trust utopian promises from politicians. The role of government is not to perfect us but to protect us -- to protect our inalienable rights. The role of government in a civil society is to protect the individual and to establish a social contract so that we can live together in peace.
The foregoing clearly indicates a stark difference in visions between Gov. Palin and the entire Obama administration. Gov. Palin clearly supports limited federal government, and adherence to the Constitution, in this case the Tenth Amendment - enumerated powers. She subscribes to the constrained vision.
Obama clearly subscribes to the un-constrained vision with its concomitant centralized state planning bureaus, czars and commissars. As pointed out both by Gov. Palin and Obama his own words, he wants to "fundamentally transform" these United States. The past 65 days give a good glimpse as to where this transformation will lead. Obama wants us to be not a Shining City on a Hill, but a bankrupt, third rate, third world, ineffective thugocracy.
Regardless of his political leanings, Obama is absolutely unfit to serve. He is not a leader, not a commander-in-chief and not conducting himself as a President. He is not the best man for the job. None of the men who are presumed to be running for 2012 against him are the best men for job either.
The best man for the job is a woman!