John Hawkins, of Right Wing News, did a great job of picking the best quotes of the year. Sarah Palin made it to the top 10 twice.
10) Umbrage is itself, generally, a lie. The ostensible victim of the offensive remark (call him or her the "umbragee") is actually delighted at the opportunity, while the ostensible offense giver (call him or her the "umbragor") is sorry to have wandered into this thicket, or is made to feel sorry as the umbrage game plays itself out. The rules of the game are perverse but simple: I scream with pain until you cry "uncle." -- Michael Kinsley
9) The response to my op-ed by global warming alarmists has been interesting. Former Vice President Al Gore has called me a “denier” and informs us that climate change is “a principle in physics. It’s like gravity. It exists.”
Perhaps he’s right. Climate change is like gravity - a naturally occurring phenomenon that existed long before, and will exist long after, any governmental attempts to affect it. -- Sarah Palin
8) The government competes in the private sector the way an alligator competes with a duck. -- Mike Pence
7) I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised. -- Carrie Prejean set off a firestorm after giving this response when she was asked about gay marriage
6) Bowing to the Saudi king is not an energy policy. -- Newt Gingrich
5) Madam President, I’m sad to say that I serve during what I would call the selfish generation. The political leadership that we have today that we are a part of no doubt embodies the most selfish policies this country has seen in its history. There is no question that is the case.
For short time political gain, in order to make certain constituencies happy, in order to give people what they want with no sacrifice, we are willing to throw future generations under the bus. -- Bob Corker
4) If we’re able to stop Obama on [health care reform], it will be his Waterloo. It will break him and we will show that we can, along with the American people, begin to push those freedom solutions that work in every area of our society. -- Jim DeMint
3) If we have another 2,000 people killed, I want Nancy Pelosi and George Soros, John Conyers and Pat Leahy to go to the funeral and say, 'Your son was vaporized because we didn't want to dump some guy's head under water for 30 seconds.' -- Peter King
2) The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s “death panel” so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their “level of productivity in society,” whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil. -- Sarah Palin
1) You Lie! -- Joe Wilson during a Barack Obama speech to Congress
Link to 11 - 40: